These are my top five favorite fishing movies of all time, I was trying to make a top ten but couldn’t think of any other fishing movies to add.
If you have any fishing movies you would like to mention please comment down below.
- JAWS – JAWS of course is my favorite, Sam Quint is one of my favorite characters ever in a movie, Robert Shaw played that part perfectly.
- River Runs Through It – I was torn between what would make my second place role, I chose River Runs Through It because the movie was all around great, Robert Redford directing was just superb! Featured both comedy, drama, and romance all in one. Grumpy Old Men on the other hand was just a hilarious comedy
- Grumpy Old Men – Can never get enough of Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau! The second one was just as good, Grumpier Old Men would of definitely made 6th place if this list was my top ten.
- Gone Fishin’ – This was just a great combo: Joe Pesci and Danny Glover, I loved the two in Lethal Weapon, when I saw they were going to match up again for a fishing movie, I had to buy it.
- The Perfect Storm – Kind of liked the book more, but the movie was almost as good. This movie shows how dedicated fishermen can be.